costa baja hotel
Sign up for email offers from Costa Baja Hotel
costa baja hotel homephoto & video tourEnsenada & ActivitiesMaps & DirectionsLanguage
Services & Amenities
Spa Services
Restaurants & Bars
Prefered Guest Program
condo hotel ownership

Travel Information

Cross Border Travel by Land
San Ysidro, CA USA – Tijuana, BC MEX

Questions?  619.391.7831 


When crossing from USA to Mexico by Car or Motorcycle you will require all of the following documentation:

  • Valid US Drivers License
  • Valid Registration
  • Mexican Liability Insurance **

When you are crossing back into the USA from Mexico you will require one (1) of the following three (3) options:

    OFFICIALLY – On June 1, 2009, U.S. citizens returning home from Canada, Mexico, the Caribbean or Bermuda, by land or sea, will be required to present one (1) of the travel documents listed below.  

  1. U.S. Passport – This is an internationally recognized travel document that verifies a person’s identity and nationality. It is accepted for travel by air, land and sea.
  2. U.S. Passport Card – This is a new, limited-use travel document that fits in your wallet and costs less than a U.S. Passport. It is only valid for travel by land and sea.
  3. Enhanced Driver’s License (EDL) – Several states and Canadian provinces are issuing this driver’s license or identification document that denotes identity and citizenship. It is specifically designed for cross-border travel into the U.S. by land or sea.

** A few US insurance providers will extend collision and comprehensive coverage into Mexico, but the only valid liability insurance in Mexico is one that is issued by a Mexican Carrier.  Liability Insurance is mandatory in Mexico and must be issued by a Mexican Carrier!  Please use the link below to purchase now online.


Welcome to Baja Bound Insurance Services! Baja Bound makes it easy to buy Mexican insurance from underwriters you can trust.

Click Here



  costa baja condo hotel, yacht path resorts intl, cinco sabores restaurante, gila lounge bar